Saturday 3 February 2024

The Sunday Post 43; It's Monday! What are you reading? 43

 


The Sunday Post - a chance for a catch-up - is hosted by Kimberly, here: https://caffeinatedbookreviewer.com/ and It's Monday! What are you reading? is hosted by Kathryn, here: https://thebookdate.wordpress.com/

Let's see ... capitalism unclenched its jaws slightly, and I'm halfway through two weeks off work.

I didn't do a lot last week - some reading, some stitching. I watched the first series of Reacher (Large Man Hits Things A Lot) which I enjoyed, and Son of Mine and I have started watching Fool Me Once, on Netflix, which is very good.

I did errandy type things on Wednesday and on Friday went to my friend's place for a bonus stitching/watching session. We watched a couple of episodes of the Traitors UK, and then finished the series last night at our regular Saturday night session. It's So. Good. It's  honestly my favourite show, I think.

Son of Mine had a couple of friends over on Friday night for a sleepover, so I threw some pizza to the wolves, and retreated to my room to do some stitching and watch some Voyager. 

Yesterday was a quiet one though I did get some reading done.

I had coffee today with a friend/workmate of mine. She's leaving at the end of this month and I am very sad about it - she's one of my people at work. We started about the same time and have pretty much been friends ever since. But she feels the need for a change, and while I'm happy for her, I'm sad for me. 

I finished The Wizard's Guide to Defensive Baking, and was highly entertained. I'm still reading Wyrd Sisters by Terry Pratchett, and I also started Foundryside by Robert Jackson Bennett, which is sort of ... industrial fantasy? If that's a category. That's what it feels like. 

I'm also reading The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson. I want to watch the series, but wanted to read the book first.

How about you? How's your week? What are you reading?

22 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a great first week of vacation. Hope this week is just as good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's tough to lose a friend/ workmate.

    Foundryside sounds familiar, I think I might have seen that one recently...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your time off work! I'm always sad when my favorite coworkers leave. I work in a place that has an extremely high turnover rate, so I should be used to it, but I'm devastated every time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I lol'd at Large Man Hits Things A Lot for Reacher. It's so true, but I love the show! I also loved The Wizard's Guide to Defensive Baking, and Foundryside! I read the first two and loved them, but I haven't read the third, thanks for the reminder. I'll probably have to reread the first two because it's been a while. I like the category industrial fantasy for them. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm sorry your friend at work is leaving. I know how that feels. It's so hard. Hopefully, you'll like the person who takes her place. I hope you have a great week!

    https://jennielyse.com/sunday-news-54/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Vacations go way to fast, don't they? I hope you enjoy this week before you have to go back to work. I am sorry to hear your friend/coworker is leaving. I hope you two can stay in touch! I enjoy Reacher too. I haven't seen Fool Me Once, but I do want to. I am glad you are enjoying it! I hope you continue to enjoy your reading and have a great week! Try not to think about work even a little before you have to.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They do!! I'm sure we will stay in touch - thank you :)

      Delete
  7. Sounds like a good week.

    That is sad when a friend leaves work.

    Some good sound books there. I want to read more Fantasy.

    Have a good week!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2024/02/04/sunday-post-112/

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are just starting to plan our big holiday for the year. but it is still months away!!

    have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Something to look forward to! Thank you :)

      Delete
  9. I love The Haunting of Hill House series. I read the book some time ago and found it to be rather slow but the series is great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a copy of Foundryside...somewhere.
    Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm sad for you that your workmate is leaving, too.

    Threw some pizza to the wolves!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. Best way to placate walking teenage stomachs, I find. :)

      Delete