Saturday 11 June 2016

Sunday post 34; It's Monday, What are you reading? 22


The Sunday post, hosted by Kimba here: http://caffeinatedbookreviewer.com/ is a chance for a chat and a catch-up with what's been happening around the blogosphere and the self-explanatory It's Monday! What are you reading? is hosted here, by Kathryn: http://bookdate.blogspot.co.nz/

Argh. Something something good intentions.

Part of the trouble is I haven't really been doing anything out of the ordinary, and so the last thing I want to do is write a bunch of blog posts that say the same thing over and over. And I'm chronically lazy.

I'm also working from home at the moment, which I'm liking more than I thought I would, but it means I have to work a bit harder to set up the necessary boundaries. I'm thinking of doing a 30-day blogging challenge - just taking up one of the many lists out there and see how I do. Minimum I'd like to get back to blogging three days a week, including this meme. We'll see.

I turned 45 today and had a pleasant day at home with the boys, reading, playing Inquisition and just hanging out. J cooked - roast chicken and a pav for dessert per my request - and it was really nice. The boys gave me a couple of books (Stephen King's latest, End of Watch, and The Crow Girl) and J gave me a super cute necklace with (of course) kittens on it.

As for what I'm reading - I started Salt to the Sea, but I'm not sure I'm in the right frame of mind for it. So I've also started The Crow Girl which is good but also long but also relentlessly depressing. However, I'll persist with that one for now.

Minimum this week I'd like to do a short reviews post, and ... something else. Maximum effect of course, is if I actually take up the 30-day challenge. We'll see.

How are you?

How was your week?

What are you reading?

20 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! And glad you're able to work from home, that's a good thing. :)

    Hope your week is a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday, good luck with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday. Working from home can be great and hard at the same time. Great because you don't have leave home. And hard because it is harder to cut of your working time. It is easier to go back to work after dinner if you remember something.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Annemieke: thank you :) yep it can be tricky but I'm trying to stick to my own boundaries. So far so good!

      Delete
  4. Happy Birthday! I work from home and love it but you do have to be disciplined or you end up not knowing when to stop working I find. The not having to get suited and booted each day is great though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Emma/ thank you! Yeah the boundary line is definitely the hardest part

      Delete
  5. Happy 45th! It sounds like you were getting spoiled and I hope your day ended well!

    I'm glad you're enjoying working from home. I know what you mean about the boundaries though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Deborah: I had a lovely day thank you!:)

      Delete
  6. Happy Birthday! I would love to work from home, congrats on being able to do that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shandy Jo: It definitely has its moments. Thank you :)

      Delete
  7. Happy Birthday! The 30 day blog challenge sounds like something that could be interesting. I hope you enjoy your reads this week.
    My Weekly Recap

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Beyond Opinions: thank you :) it's fun so far!

      Delete
  8. Happy Birthday! It sounds like your family treated you well in celebration. :-)

    I understand your struggle sometimes with what to write about. My days seem so ordinary and same-same much of the time.

    Good luck with the 30 day challenge! I hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Literary Feline: I had a very good day thank you!

      Delete
  9. Happy birthday and Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a really nice homely birthday. All the best with your 30 day challenge if you take it up. I did one in April and it just about knocked me out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kathryn: it was a lovely day. That's why I'm using an ideas post, otherwise I'd be the same. - lol

      Delete