Saturday 18 June 2016

Sunday post; It's Monday; 31 days of blogging day 7


The Sunday Post - a chance to chat and catch up - is hosted by Kimba here: http://caffeinatedbookreviewer.com/ and It's Monday! What are you reading? is now over at Kathryn's: http://bookdate.blogspot.co.nz/

Well, I've made it to day seven of the 31-day blogging challenge I set myself, using a list that I found on the world wide webz. It's an interesting exercise but it feels like I'm not putting a great deal of thought and effort in and the posts feel throwaway. I'll persist (hopefully) and see how I go.

I might put together my own list of subjects and then take the 30-day blogging thing out for another spin later in the year. Hmmmm ...

Otherwise it's been much the same around here. Work and stuff.

I started The Crow Girl, which the boys got me for my birthday, but it's rather large and heavy-going so I'm slipping it in here and there among other books. I read Apple Polisher by Heidi Belleau yesterday and today which was a nice, light read. And I also started The Library at Mount Char, which is not what I expected at all, but is very good. Creepy, and a bit gory, but also very good.

I've been doing a bit of stitching as well, and I'm on track *fingers crossed* to finish my Grey Wardens motto chart this year. My stitching goals for this year - if I can call them goals - are to finish that, and Circe, finally. If I remember this week, I'll try and do a post about both charts.

I still need to do a short reviews post and the list for that keeps getting longer, so I really do need to do that this  week, among bumbling along with the 31-day challenge.

How about you?

How's your week?

What are you reading?

6 comments:

  1. Interesting challenge, I would think coming up with one's own topics would make it easier too. I saw another blogger do that challenge recently. Good luck with it! Glad the reads have been good- good luck w/ the reviews! Those can be pain... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the challenge. I did a blogging challenge in April (I think!) and used a few different challenge prompts to get me through!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the idea of coming up with your own list. I've seen a few 30 Day Challenges that looked interesting but there were always a few questions that didn't look like they'd really apply to me. I love when I'm in a good book streak! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so behind on my reviews. I have done the A to Z Challenge in April, so not quite 30 days, but it is fun to come up with a theme that you find something for every letter in the alphabet. Good luck with your challenge!
    Check out my Sunday Post

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have a big cross-stitch project that I am more than 3/4 done with but I seem to have gotten stuck. Good luck with finishing yours

    My Sunday Summary

    ReplyDelete
  6. Greg: I think so - I might give it a spin. :)

    Deborah: Thank you! :)

    Katherine P: I do too, I think. Hrm.

    Lisa: I've finally caught up with a short reviews post - lol. thanks!

    Got my book: that's happened to me soooo many times with large projects. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete